Thread Bar Project, nothing is going right and I need help

Those are beautiful threads! Nicer than most of mine. Good work.
Robert

Looking good, JL! I too struggled with remembering everything I needed to do to guarantee success, a checklist helped immensely at first. Just when I was sure I had it all down, I switched to an internal thread and completely forgot that the compound must be swung to the left instead of the right when setting the 29.5° angle. Oops...

Thanks for the kind words rwm, and yes I know what you mean. Seems I will have to do the same with the internal threading!

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank this entire forum for helping me out with this project. Through many trials and errors, I have completed my project to 100% specifications. It wasn't easy, it was frustrating, but through perseverance and LOTS Of learning, I did it. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I really appreciate it more than you know.
View media item 95783View media item 95784

That looks great, Justin - congrats on finishing your project. All the best to you, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Way to go Justin. I'm proud of you. You did a first class job.
I remember making my thread bar way back in the spring of '81. Just a few months prior to that I asked one of the other new students, 'what is that big machine?' after everyone had a few laughs they told me it was a lathe. I went OJT a couple of weeks before graduation and in the 30+ years since I've never had a job that didn't involve making chips.
Stay after it, you're gonna be a dandy machinist.
Seedtick

Back