Threading/cutting Fluid

I just got my hands on some anchor lube, i can't wait to see the result on stainless, i hear from a few sources that it's the cat's meow.

i have been happy with bacon grease/mineral oil blend, sometimes adding varying amounts of rigid dark cutting oil for sulfur content, for many operations.
it's cheap, very effective, and i can control it's attributes by the mixture.
i don't like the smell of the LPS or the Rigid Dark for that matter, but i use what i got or what's available.
a testament to lubrication of twist drills...
one incident, i got a brick of lard off the grocery store shelf to drill 100 3/16" holes in some draggy stainless that would eat a new cobalt bit sans a cutting agent.
i kept the brick whole without opening the foil wrapper, then i'd drill through the foil into the lard and poke a hole in the hard stainless cases.
i was mounting clips for hanging detachable refrigeration curtains, it got real ugly until i got desperate and tried it, it's not the ideal, but it was acceptable
maybe it may help another somewhere down the road

Lard oil is excellent for copper work but is nasty in many ways, we use it for deep drilling and large tapping, we make some copper electrical conductors that are well over 100 Lb's, you do not want to break a tap off in such a large piece of expensive material.

Back