threading help please

Then the diameter minus the pitch works well enough for tap drills. Just invert where needed. And never worry about fresh batteries again.

For standard 60° threads, the tpi determines the depth of the thread, not the diameter of the piece being threaded. In other words, a 20 tpi thread is always cut to the same depth range, regardless of work piece diameter.

This place is great! I feel like a door has been opened up to a new world. Why wasn't learning in school this awesome?

Wow where do you find that calculator? I just made up the diameter for discussion

I put it in the downloads section in 2017. It is freeware called ME Threads and also there is ME Consultant that includes it and more.:

Click on history in the above link and then choose download. Unzip and run the exe file. It does not install anything, it just runs as a stand alone.

It runs on windows 10 also and most other versions of windows.

Roy

Hmmmmm, I don't seem to have permission to open that link.

I would be interested in finding another way to calculate odd ball threads.
I do a lot of Amish Sawmill repair and some is beyond repair but you have to use what not broke up.
Most all shafts are fractional in 1/16 2 7/16 1 5/16
They do not have a answer only that's it's the way it has always been.

This is quite common. It originated when shafts had to be turned from hot rolled bar. Start with 2-1/2, finish 2-7/16. Pillow block and bolt on flange bearings are common in 1/16 sizes.

For standard 60° threads, the tpi determines the depth of the thread, not the diameter of the piece being threaded
Correct!
Then the biggest question "How to determine the inside diameter of a weird thread"

Hmmmmm, I don't seem to have permission to open that link.

It works for me. Maybe reload your browser or reboot your computer? Sometimes I get that error and a reload or reboot fixes it.
Attached is the zip file you can download. All of my files are scanned by multiple programs for virus and malware multiple times and are clean.

Roy

Attachments

• METhreads.zip
    211 KB · Views: 14
Back