Three useful items

gr8legs

Active User
Rest In Peace
I recently found three items that I thought would be useful around the shop.

Getting back into TIG welding I got tired of the torch sliding off the workbench whenever I set it down. Our local welding supplier had a magnetic torch caddy for about $20. Yes, I could make one as other have done but this was an expedient solution to a current annoyance and got me back to practicing tig instead of spending a half-day making something not nearly as nice.
TigTorchHolder.jpg

Next item, I need to cut clean circles out of a sheet of Corex plastic for a scoreboard we're developing. Found this on eBay for about 7 dollars - comes with multiple blades and works like a charm. Also suitable for gasket making, etc. Search for "Paper Leather Compass Circle Cutter and a bunch show up.

CircleCutter.jpg

And finally, some nifty welding / brazing rod separators so you can keep several different sizes / alloys of filler material sorted out and reduce the number of tubes you have lying around. A guy on eBay makes these on a 3D printer and they work very nicely. Search for "Filler Rod Organizer" or seller ID is demetersworkshop

RodOrganizer.jpg

I have no connection to any of the sellers, just thought these were useful items. YMMV

Stu

Back