Time to move the lathe .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Todays plan is to move and deliver the lathe . Lathe in question is the 14" x 60" Republic . The pics will show how to move a medium size lathe , or how NOT to move a medium size lathe depending on the outcome . :grin: This is not nearly the largest of my lathes over the years so I don't anticipate any issues ............................but ! She is ready to go and start time is around 9.30 am . Only have a 3 mile drive with the trailer so minor rigging is needed . Pics or it didn't happen ? We'll get some I'm sure . :encourage:

I had this trailer setup sitting out back with a For Sale sign on it for a day last week . Luckily it did not go . And a day after I rode 4 1/2 hours for the RPC Mike comes by and wants the lathe . I'll still use the RPC with current and future machines . Strange how things work out .

Last edited:
Good luck. As you well know, even short hauls can see strange events. Rig the lathe well, because you never know.

Pictures appreciated, especially of the space you created. Let's hope your garage machines don't expand to fill the space in the short time you are delivering the lathe! They are prolific, I tell you. :grin:

Good luck. As you well know, even short hauls can see strange events. Rig the lathe well, because you never know.

Pictures appreciated, especially of the space you created. Let's hope your garage machines don't expand to fill the space in the short time you are delivering the lathe! They are prolific, I tell you. :grin:

Yea that.

Tie down to the trailer should be the same whether you are going 1 mile or 1000 miles. All it takes is one emergency swerve or stop or pothole to make it a bad day.

Best of luck! Hope it all goes smoothly!
Do you have help? Or doing it yourself? Is your son giving a hand?
Guess I won’t make it down for this one… :p

Done deal ! No issues other than my trailer brakes were locking up . Ended up just disconnecting the trailer plug . Plenty of pics loading and un-loading and yes , Greg helped as usual . Mike's garage has plenty of room still . :idea: Got me thinking ...........:big grin: 2 hours total and half of that was BSing as usual .

I'll load some pics up after I cool down .

It happened . Pics of the moving crew .

Attachments

• IMG_9795.JPG
    IMG_9795.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9796.JPG
    IMG_9796.JPG
    678.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9797.JPG
    IMG_9797.JPG
    518.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9798.JPG
    IMG_9798.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9799.JPG
    IMG_9799.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9800.JPG
    IMG_9800.JPG
    485.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9801.JPG
    IMG_9801.JPG
    695.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9802.JPG
    IMG_9802.JPG
    694.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9804.JPG
    IMG_9804.JPG
    591.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9805.JPG
    IMG_9805.JPG
    616.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9806.JPG
    IMG_9806.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9807.JPG
    IMG_9807.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9811.JPG
    IMG_9811.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 80
Congratulations!!

You have better not blocked that fridge! If my friends block the fridge with my favorites cold drinks, specially with how hot it is right now, I would be so mad....

:grin big::grin big::grin big::grin:

You have better not blocked that fridge!
You know that would NEVER happen ! :big grin: I have to get a pic of the hole in the garage floor before it gets filled up tonight . The Kubota and zero turn will be moving in tonight after a bit of shuffling . :encourage:

Back