Today's Jokes - 2024

you are buying the name.. branding..

And not all what China makes is cheap stuff either. I’ve heard they make some very high end quality stuff too, that they mostly use in their own factories.

The main difference to the stuff we see, is they are willing to make stuff very cheaply, to match our price point that we want to pay.

Now at my work, we do very good quality work, for a premium price, so that we are willing to warranty our work for a year. Very seldom we are willing to cut corners to lower quality in order to make something cheaper. If someone does not like our price, they are welcome to walk back out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish it was a joke , but it isn't . :( I have a large B&S vernier caliper also made in China . Strange as these things are still very expensive .
How is it to use? How accurate? What was the price point?

Pretty sure Starrett can manufacture quality stuff in any country given their history and capabilities. Also doubt this was made after the recent acquisition, they've been manufacturing globally for a long time I think.

I'm sure you have the ability to evaluate this one against another US made caliper of the same grade. Give us some data....

John

Back