Tool Gloat !!! Kurt D40

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
i was huntin' on ebay last week and found a lil' gem i'd like to gloat about......:jester:

a Kurt D40 milling vise for $57.00

k1.jpg
k2.jpg
k3.jpg
k4.jpg

whaddya think? it only has a couple goofs that i can see, 1 on the left hand rail and one lil one on the moveable jaw.
someone didn't use a back up block. and then tried to drill on the moveable jaw...
their loss my gain!

k1.jpg k2.jpg k3.jpg k4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Hard to believe you got it at that price of the 'bay. Sweet deal.

-Ron

It is total junk you need to send it to me for proper disposal.:rofl: By the way great find :thumbzup:. That would look right at home on MY G0704:thinking:

Last edited:
Clean it up nice,and repaint it in insignia blue.

Last auction we went to there were three or four and they all shot past $200 in a blink.
And they were all heavily used.

It's fun getting deals like that isn't it?

Last auction we went to there were three or four and they all shot past $200 in a blink.
And they were all heavily used.

It's fun getting deals like that isn't it?

i rarely see Kurt's for less than $150 anywhere, and most of those look like swiss cheese.
i found it through diligent searching...
IT FEELS GREAT to find a gem like this !!!!
:biggrin:

Congrats - $60 would be that much almost just to ship it! That was a steal for sure. You will love it.
Think I got my D688 for $175 or 200 at an auction (Completely caked with aluminum chips and coolant inside and out) and I felt lucky.

Minor rant - Btw when my wife *****es about me spending $ on good tools I reply by showing her threads like this. And I ask her so how much can you sell that 5th pair of black shoes you paid for $150 for???? Uh..... Yeah. Zippo is right. When I die and she has a garage sale i will be the genius LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back