Tool holder storage shelf

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
In anticipation of getting my BXA QCTH & about 6 holders I made this shelf above my lathe. I'll finish it once I have the holders here. The top half holds some printed info posters I need to refer to occasionally .

DSCN3585 (640x480).jpg

nice!

I am guessing there are openings in the shelf onto which the holders fit into (using their height lock nuts)?

Actually it's not finished, I'm waiting until they get here to make my mounting system. I have a plan but will wait until I have them in hand before proceeding. This is a view of it from a few feet away.

DSCN3586 (640x480).jpg

Actually it's not finished, I'm waiting until they get here to make my mounting system. I have a plan but will wait until I have them in hand before proceeding. This is a view of it from a few feet away.

Charley,
I like your rack. Looking forward to see how your tools look hanging on it. The angle you mounted it at will make the tool holders you described work even better.

By the way, the lathe cabinet paint job looks great. After 35 years it finally got a coat of something other than rust. I was going to get around to it but..............you know.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Be Careful Charley

If you get two or more tool holders in the same room, they seem to multiply like rabbits, with 6 you will have a whole herd in no time. I am up to 16 already and still not enough. LOL

Your storage rack looks great, although I am concerned that it will be too small. LOL

Walter

Well I finally got my BXA QCTP & I love it already & haven't even used it yet, but I was able to get them all nestled into their new resting place. I now need to mill my T nut down as it was almost as big as my compound

DSCN3593 (640x480).jpg DSCN3594 (640x480).jpg DSCN3595 (640x480).jpg

Charley, that's a great looking shelf set-up; I'm not so sure about Benny's comment on your rack though...
I guess I'm going to have to break down and get one of those tool posts someday, unfortunately, my wife is feeling poor right now. She just got a new(er) car, an 08 Scion XB; think oversized toaster.
Y'all take care,
Bob

Looks good Charley!!! What kind of lathe is that?

Thanks,
Chris

Back