Tool holder storage

Shotgun

Registered
Registered
Bought an AXA wedge style tool post for my 12" Craftsman lathe. Then I bought holders for all the tooling I had. That left me with a lot of pieces all over the place. So, I built a small brake, and bent up some scrap sheet metal pieces I had laying around.KIMG0510.JPGKIMG0511.JPGKIMG0512.JPGKIMG0513.JPG

That's a really fantastic way to keep the tool holders nearby, yet out of the way!

I just looked at that last picture of the brake.

Wow! My phone's camera introduced a lot of distortion. The bar is actually straight. Both of them are.

I cocked a 1"x3/4" bar of hot rolled steel at a 45 degree angle between the low profile clamps I made, then used an end mill to cut a V groove. Drilled and tapped the ends for M8x1.25 cap head screws ('cause that is what I had on hand), centering the holes on the bottom of the V groove. Then I drilled out a coupler nut and cut it in half. Welded the nuts to each end of a bar cut from a clamp.

I won't do production work or thick material, but worked a charm for what I needed. Just a 30 degree bend on some .040 sheet. The bottom is about 3/4" high, which I attached to the inside of the door with one 3/8" bolt in the center and a couple rivets on each end.

Back