Tool holders

Thanks Mikey. Nothing serious with my mom. She needs help getting in and out of bed to go to the bathroom. Most nights she is only up once around 3 am give or take 30 minutes. Last night she was up every hour or so. This happens about once a month. The next day both of us are pretty tired and don't get much done.

Thanks again for your concern.

Back working on the parting blade holder this morning. I think that it is done. The slot isn't quite as deep as I wanted it by maybe 1/32." Did an easy test run. No problems. Time will tell. Here it is.

IMG_3908.JPG IMG_3909.JPG IMG_3910.JPG

The drill bits finally arrived. I bought them from Lowes. Lowes I have learned does not ship online orders from a warehouse. Rather they ship online orders from the retail store closest to buyer that has the item in stock. In theory the order comes in and someone in the store pulls it off the shelf then ships it via Fedex to the buyer. In my case the drill bits weren't where they were supposed to be in the store. So when the person went to get them they didn't find them and went on to another task. On my 4th call to find out what was happening I must have gotten a manager. He kept me on the line while he went out into the store to find the drill bits. The computer said they had 11 in stock. After looking for awhile he found only one set and shipped it himself. Computers. You gotta love them.

While waiting for the drill bits I took the holders out of the 4 jaw and finished what I could. This morning I recreated my original setup to drill and tap the 1/4x20 holes. I have mentioned in other posts about being able to mount my chucks onto a swivel base for drilling and other milling. That's what I did. Here's my setup.

IMG_3924.JPG

All's that's left is to buy the set crews and bolts. Another completed project.

Last edited:
Back