Tool Post and holder

Probably 50% of the folks here use them and they're perfect for all practical applications. BTW: The seller is CDCOtools.com and his direct sales are a little cheaper because he doesn't have to pay eBay fees. I just ordered about $300 worth of stuff from CDCO and place several orders a year with him.

Ray

I have purchased tools from CDCO too. Very happy with what I got. I bought direct through them also. E-Bay is crazy!

They had a sale on them that ended a week or so ago, and I was able to juggle the finances enough to purchase one. I ended up paying the local machine shop $45 to fit it to my Atlas compound, which mean they shaved down the flat, threaded plate into a t shape, and he also milled a bit off my compound so it would sit flat. I was too busy making money at work to play around with making it work myself, and I had no milling machine anyhow. (That suggestion about facing it off in a lathe with a boss sticking up to fit the t slot was a good one but would have left way too little material in my case.)I haven't actually used it , I picked it up today from the MS.... but I am happy with what I got and look forward to using it. I have a crazy idea to use two sides of it at the same time, one for a cutting tool and the other for a tracer tool, to do some shape duplicating. Great shipping, got here really quickly .

That is an incredibly low price for a genuine Aloris tool post and holders!!! Hard to believe.

George,

Not sure what made you think it's a "genuine Aloris", but maybe it was the picture in the original link. The label on the tool post does resemble the Aloris label, but it's CDCO - China import. Several folks here have had good luck with them. I've bought some collets from them that were good from a price standpoint but just OK from a quality standpoint. Probably got exactly what I paid for, which is usually the case. :))

Steve

At a distance the label on the post looked like an Aloris label, that was why he said that. It had me fooled too!

Hey Uncle Buck, my eyes almost popped out for a split second too. I kinda looked like your avatar picture for a moment.

A basic Aloris QCTP setup is running about 600 bucks. LOL...

Anyhow, I just bought 10 more holders from Frank at CDCO for a grand price of a hundred bucks -about the cost of a single Aloris holder. Of course, the cheap ones need about 3 minutes with a file and the first thing I do is replace the allen screws with decent 12.9 grade cap screws. -So with an hour of time invested, I kept about 500 bucks in my wallet.

Ray

At a distance the label on the post looked like an Aloris label, that was why he said that. It had me fooled too!

Back