Tool post lock nut and handle

Nice job, I like the bluing.

I made a locknut and handle too, can't remember where I posted it, I think in the projects of the day.

Andre,
I used the permanent blue gel. The key is it must be clean and oil free. I wear nitrile gloves and use my hands to rub it in. I rub it for a few min. then clean it off. Light buff with 0000 steel wool, degrease, reapply. I do this 4 or 5 times till its the way I want it.

I can't stop the rust, even paste wax doesn't keep rust at bay.

When you are done bluing your parts do you neutralize the rusting process by soaking them in a strong solution of boiling water and baking soda before applying wax? If not, give it a try....works real well for me.

It's dang near impossible to find here in Canada, but seeing as you are State-side, try "Oxpho-Blue". That stuff is AWESOME!!!. For a cold blue product, it's definitely one of the better ones out there that I've used...super easy to use, VERY durable and has a beautiful "black chrome" finish.

I have to do the same thing to mine.

I use Brownell Dicropan IM for bluing. Works great and minimal equipment required.
Pierre

I have not so far, the 760 was originally blued and it's a fairly uncommon airgun so I wanted to keep it original.

I just meant as a general anti-rust treatment, not necessarily for firearms. I'm finding that "farmer Parkerizing" improves rust resistance substantially, though the finish is not especially pretty.

Back