Toronto Canada recommendations .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Any of our northern members have recommendations on where to stay near the city / stadium ? Maybe within 15 miles or so ? My wife found a $300 a night joint , but I'm a cheap as$ . Does not have to be fancy cuz I am not . :) TIA !

Of course I’m not from there but my wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Royal York right across from Union Station several years back. We took the train in from London and enjoyed not dealing with traffic or parking.

If you’re going on holiday it’s nice to stay near a city center where you can walk to restaurants and other attractions. If your going for business or family do what’s convenient.

But, if you’ve never been to Toronto it’s a beautiful city with lots to do. Enjoy.

John

Driving up to visit my son and DIL . They are in the dead center of the city next to the stadium . I've been there a few times in the past and always stayed down St. Catherines way , but the wife doesn't want the drive . $300 a night plus having to pay for parking at the hotel seems out of line to me but maybe not these days . :dunno:

Driving up to visit my son and DIL . They are in the dead center of the city next to the stadium . I've been there a few times in the past and always stayed down St. Catherines way , but the wife doesn't want the drive . $300 a night plus having to pay for parking at the hotel seems out of line to me but maybe not these days . :dunno:
You have to think of Toronto as being the NYC of Canada.

Sounds like your son is doing great so live a little and enjoy the getaway. :)

$300 sounds like a decent rate TBH Dave. :)

If $300 night is shocking, best not come to the West Coast!

When I was young I stayed at Motel 6 because it was better than most other options I could afford. Fast forward a few decades and a few dozen stays in 4/5 star hotels for work and my perspective has changed. Now even when I'm paying the bill myself I won't book anything less than 3 stars and often find 4 stars on Priceline for cheap.

However, when I travel with my wife I often find myself arguing for the better (if more costly) option. I've never regretted staying in a nicer hotel but I've definitely regretted staying in worse places. If the travel is for pleasure and you can afford it why not treat yourselves, time with your loved ones is precious and your many years working and saving have earned you and your wife a little luxury. Surprise her with a nice spa treatment too, it'll let her know just how special she is to you.

John

Back