TouchDRO Adapter Upgrade or Trade-In

Yuriy, I tried sending you a pm but its not letting me. Can you send me a message about how to get my adapter to you for the upgrade.
Thanks

Just my opinion on the issue ParkerS is complaining about. I too bought the touchdro board for my lathe a few months before Yuri announced the new board. I was disappointed but was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade offer. I won't be upgrading because I don't need the new features on either my mill or lathe.
I started with touchdro a few years ago to replace the igaging DRO I had on my mill. Bought the DIY kit. A year later I decided to upgrade to the latest igaging board due to Bluetooth issues with the diy board. A year after that I upgraded to glass scales using Yuri's excellent how to on using glass scales with the igaging board. Works fantastic. I moved the igaging scales to the lathe. Since the diy board was flaky I bought a new touchdro board from Yuri that supported both igaging and glass scales. I have since replaced one igaging scale with a glass scale. I am now about to replace the other scale on the lathe.
There is no other DRO out there, Chinese or otherwise, that would support that upgrade path. Yuri goes above and beyond to support a very small community. My final word to ParkerS is: You don't have to buy touchdro. Buy whatever fits your needs. I am sure that someone here on this forum would be happy to buy your adapter from you. Sell it and move on.

I sent a PM a week ago and haven't heard back yet, I assume he's busy with all the requests for info on the upgrade.
Hi,
Sorry for the radio silence, I was "out of commission" for most of last week. Had a minor medical procedure that ended up being a bit less minor than I expected. I'm mostly back to normal and am catching up with messages and orders and will try to get back to everyone in the next few days.

For the adapter upgarde, I will add a "secret" product to the store that you will be able to purchase. This way I will have your shipping address. The details will be in the description.

Thank you
Yuriy

I was wondering if things were OK. I put in an order and never heard back, which seems unlike you.

Glad things are OK, and you're recovering.

I got my shipping notice today! Can't wait.

Yuriy,

I love ya man! And I want to support you. That said, I'm a knob in the worst way when it comes to DRO's, and this whole "upgrade" business is unclear to me.

Dec 2022, I bought a fully assembled board, with "kit" enclosure.

DRO Adapter for Glass and Magnetic Scales V2​

I've hooked up the unit, played around with it some, but haven't gotten my lathe fully functional yet, so I've yet to truly enjoy and learn the capabilities of the unit yet.

Does my unit qualify for the $25 upgrade? It was not "fully assembled" so I'm unclear. And if it is, what layman features does it add to make it worth both my and your effort to make it happen?

The one thing I'd like, is if the unit remembered the last know position if the TouchDRO is powered down. I think your newer units do this, but I'm unclear about mine.

Anyway, please forgive my knobness. I totally understand that you want to move away from guys like me, and get your unit targeted at guys that are pros, and more knowledgeable. That said, I love that you have supported the newbie's up to this point.

Sorry for the ramble...I suspect I'm not alone in my question, though.

Hi @ycroosh any progress on how you're going to handle the upgrade for those of us outside the USA?
The short answer - I don't know.
The long answer - Import laws, customers, and tariffs for international shipping are, to put it mildly, a mess. In theory, I will need to pay customs duties when I get the unit back (for the full retail value of the unit). I.e.:

"The new and used goods that will be imported into the United States pursuant to a warranty claim can be appraised using the transaction value of identical or similar new goods."

Then on the way back, I will need to declare the unit(s) at retail value, so you will need to pay tariffs, VAT. etc. (if you are in EU).
And then, there is a complicated process called "Duties Drawback" that we can use to get our money back in "up to 99% of cases".
If it ends up being this complicated, it won't be feasible to deal with this.

Back