TouchDRO Build 2023-11-28 Now in Beta

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hi folks,
I published the latest version of TouchDRO to the beta track. Most of the changes are "under the hood" (getting ready for the third generation adapters).
The main external change is a new function (well, two functions) in the graphical view of the Plus version:
The bottom two icons on the right will trigger Auto Zero and Auto Sub-Datum on Z down. When the quill moves down and then up by at least 10mm, TouchDRO will either zero out X and Y readouts, or add a new sub-datum to the list.
If your DRO is in 2D mode, the new sub-datum will be added if there is no other sub-datum within 25 microns in X/Y plane. In 3D sub-datum mode, Z will be set to the point where the quill moved up if there is no existing sub-datum within 25 microns.

Please let me know how the function works (if you have access to the Plus version).

Regards
Yuriy

I really like the updated icons, they look great.

Yuriy,
Not sure where to put this in the forum...
I'm running the plus version. When I use the edge probing function I always have to do it twice to get the axis origin to change value. I'll find the edge then press the right edge icon (any of the 4 icons does the same), then press Absolute origin. The value will not change to 0.100" (0.200" dia. probe). I then have to repeat the process and it will change. Do you know why this happens? Thx
John

Yuriy,
Not sure where to put this in the forum...
I'm running the plus version. When I use the edge probing function I always have to do it twice to get the axis origin to change value. I'll find the edge then press the right edge icon (any of the 4 icons does the same), then press Absolute origin. The value will not change to 0.100" (0.200" dia. probe). I then have to repeat the process and it will change. Do you know why this happens? Thx
John
John,
I haven't hear of this problem before. I use the probe routinely and it always just works.
Can you list your process step by step (i.e. what buttons you press in what sequence, etc.). May be I will be able to reproduce this if I follow your exact steps.
Thank you
Yuriy

John,
I haven't hear of this problem before. I use the probe routinely and it always just works.
Can you list your process step by step (i.e. what buttons you press in what sequence, etc.). May be I will be able to reproduce this if I follow your exact steps.
Thank you
Yuriy
Ok. I'll back at the mill later today. I'll update you. Thx.

Yuriy,
Follow up on the issue.
I found "my" problem...
I find the edge with the edge finder first then open the probing icon. I press the appropriate edge location icon and then press the accept absolute origin button. I was going too fast. I noticed when I press the edge location button it takes a second or two for the display to show the coordinates. I just wait then press the origin button. All good.
John

Back