TouchDRO Plus is out (plus some loose ends)

Firmware upgrade will basically turn the V2 glass/magnetic scale adapter into a "lite" version of TDA-420, which also happens to give access to TouchDRO Plus.
Didn't understand most of that, but I'm OK with it.

What I learned is this: No, you cannot dumb it down enough for me. That's on me of course, not faulting your communication skills, just my comprehension.

I will go back to using just the basics and learning more as I need it. I'm leaning towards not upgrading, since "more features" is not what I need. I just need more time in the saddle, to learn how to ride the horse I already have.

Thanks for trying though!

Oh and about bolt patterns, yes I have a project coming up real soon that will need a precise 5-bolt pattern. I could dust off my high school trig to calculate the X-Y co-ords (or get them from an online bolt-circle calculator), or I could do it on a rotab, but I think I will really dig having Touch do it for me. Looking forward to it.

LOL. "Generative AI" is all the rage these days, so ya never know. That said, ChatGPT is known for "hallucinating" things. Are you sure you will be OK if TouchDRO "has a moment" and instead of making you a tablet holder, hallucinates something like a sex toy ;) ?

BTW, pro tip, never buy ANYTHING from AliExpress stores that sell CNC touch probes and adult toys. When they make a mistake in shipping, the conversation with the wife might end up being awkward. Don't ask me how I know. Sorry if this is too inappropriate, but my wife opened my package from AliExpress accidentally (she orders a lot of her bead stuff from there) ... she is still laughing/sobbing and I feel an urge to wash my hands again...
OK I had something to say in response to the aliexpress but on second thought, hard pass

Back