TouchDro Zero Set and Center Find Trouble

Unclefofe

Registered
Registered
Just joined this forum yesterday! I bought a Little Machine Shop mini-mill a couple of months ago and have been doing simple things like finding edges and centers, and manually spacing distances between two holes simply by turning the handwheels and watching the DRO. Yesterday for the first time I struggled through a hole circle. (THAT was a challenge, but I finally figured out how to make it happen.) Today I tried to do a simple center find like I had done several times previously, and discovered that the Zero Set button at the bottom of the screen doesn't work like it did before. One reference I read said, "If a sub-datum is active, it (i.e., the Zero Set button) is deactivated." I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds related. Also, when I open an axis box and tap the 1/2 button, it doesn't give me half any more, but rather some other figure that makes no sense to me. I presume all this has something to do with my hole circle adventure, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong, or how to get the DRO back into what I would call a manual mode like it was originally. Like I said, I presumed that the hole circle exercise had something to do with it, so I tried to delete the "workspace" that was created for that hole circle, but I get a pop-up that says, "The last workspace cannot be deleted." I sure hope that I'm making sense to someone out there! Any ideas as to what the heck is going on? Thank you!

Welcome, good luck with it.

Back