Tractor part

Nutfarmer

Registered
Registered
Dealer wanted 268.00 plus freight and tax for a screw on a lift arm! Plus not in stock. Told them I would make it. Why else do we have equipment? Three hours later I have a replacement part out of stress proof I had on hand. A left hand metric screw, not rocket science. It’s only a tractor part. Broken screw on the top of the picture.

Attachments

• 0D6C044C-CFF7-473F-B1C2-343FFC9362B2.jpeg
    0D6C044C-CFF7-473F-B1C2-343FFC9362B2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
Good job ! Was it that much just for that screw ?

Parts is a captive market. Dealers have little motivation to keep those costs down. They compete on selling tractors (or whatever), but the markup on parts is probably 3x - 4x what it is on tractors. Also I have seen were parts are more expensive over the counter than if they install them, but then you pay labor.

It was a good feeling to tell the dealer not to bother ordering the part. This dealer has been really bad at marking up the price of parts. It's so bad that I will not buy a Kubota just because of the dealer. I would have felt really stupid if I would have had to go back and order the part anyway.

Dealer wanted 268.00 plus freight and tax for a screw on a lift arm! Plus not in stock. Told them I would make it. Why else do we have equipment? Three hours later I have a replacement part out of stress proof I had on hand. A left hand metric screw, not rocket science. It’s only a tractor part. Broken screw on the top of the picture.
Good job! As my Okie grandpa used to say “I’m proud for ya son”.

I had no doubts Steve!
Well done man.
The price for that simple part is just ridiculous

Back