Travadial

Oldseabee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I picked up this Travadial and I'm shipping it in for repair
It's missing a piece for fine tension adjustment. It screws into the hole shown in the picture on the aluminum mounting bracket. Not sure how old this one is. Serial number is A588.
Most of these have a top cover held together by screws. Not this one unless they are under the dial.
Anyone have a similar one and if so could you post a picture of the missing parts.
Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 20240331_134637.jpg
    20240331_134637.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240331_134647.jpg
    20240331_134647.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240331_134654.jpg
    20240331_134654.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240331_134703.jpg
    20240331_134703.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 17
There is a missing chip scraper that fits over the contact wheel housing, made of spring bronze, and there is a tension spring yoke, these parts are no doubt available from TravaDial. Also there a foam plastic piece that surrounds the contact wheel to exclude debris, it is fastened to the face with contact cement. There seems to be two types of mounting brackets, the one that I use on my lathe has a flexure slide that keeps tension on the wheel via the tension yoke that has a screw adjustment, then there is the mounting bracket with the knob that you show; I do not know what provides the tension with that device, I have one of those also, I do not see any adjustment for tension on it, or parts missing.

I just watched a YouTube video of a man replacing a crystal on one just like mine. And I was correct that the screws holding the 2 sides together are under the bezel.

There is a missing chip scraper that fits over the contact wheel housing, made of spring bronze, and there is a tension spring yoke, these parts are no doubt available from TravaDial. Also there a foam plastic piece that surrounds the contact wheel to exclude debris, it is fastened to the face with contact cement. There seems to be two types of mounting brackets, the one that I use on my lathe has a flexure slide that keeps tension on the wheel via the tension yoke that has a screw adjustment, then there is the mounting bracket with the knob that you show; I do not know what provides the tension with that device, I have one of those also, I do not see any adjustment for tension on it, or parts missing.
Would you be willing to take a couple of pictures of how votes is mounted and post them? That will be helpful for me and maybe some other people.
Mike

Back