treadmill conversion MC 2100 board

Chris Hamel

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently picked up a Nordic trak treadmill for free from Craigs list. Turned out that the motor had a bad bearing which I easily replaced. When I checked out the controller board, I found it was a MC 2100. I have a different one running my band saw which was easily converted by just connecting a potentiometer. After searching, I found a schematic to build a driver for the MC 2100. With some coaching from a friend, I was able to build the driver and it works great. Don't know what I am going to do with it, since I already have converted my lathe and band saw to treadmill motors.

Since I now know how to build the driver and I have a lot of spare parts left over, I was wondering if there were guys out there who could use a driver, but don't want to try and build their own. I would be willing to build a few more and sell them for my costs (give or take).

If you are interested, let me know. The driver connects to HD2 using the red, black and blue wires. (Make sure you cut the end off of the cable.)

Chris

I recently picked up a Nordic trak treadmill for free from Craigs list. Turned out that the motor had a bad bearing which I easily replaced. When I checked out the controller board, I found it was a MC 2100. I have a different one running my band saw which was easily converted by just connecting a potentiometer. After searching, I found a schematic to build a driver for the MC 2100. With some coaching from a friend, I was able to build the driver and it works great. Don't know what I am going to do with it, since I already have converted my lathe and band saw to treadmill motors.

Since I now know how to build the driver and I have a lot of spare parts left over, I was wondering if there were guys out there who could use a driver, but don't want to try and build their own. I would be willing to build a few more and sell them for my costs (give or take).

If you are interested, let me know. The driver connects to HD2 using the red, black and blue wires. (Make sure you cut the end off of the cable.)

Chris

I actually started to, but never finished as I could not get it to work. I tried the Baldor driver bc140, which turned the motor, but that combination did not have the guts to turn the 1930 south bend, so I ended up with an original ac motor. Any way to diagnose if the mc2100 is bad? I couldn't find much out there. If my mc2100 is good, I would be interested in a driver.

Once I get another one built and tested, I could send it to you to try. If it doesn't work, send it back.

I will have to take a look, I have a 2100 controller I think, was wanting to put it on my band saw, I do have a couple of motors that I know are good. So I may also be interested.

Cheap and Dirty controller... Cost... Around $60.00

400A Single-Phase Diode Bridge Rectifier.jpgPowerstat 1126.JPG

I have tried an scr motor speed controller coupled to a bridge rectifier. It worked, but a lot of hum and arcing.

Just picked up a free treadmill I think sears sold it , 2hp dc mc60 board ? , not sure what I’ll do with it yet but Ied like to make sure it works as this is the first treadmill motor I’ve gotten. I’ll probably start another thread with questions.

The mc60 is easy to work with. All you need is something like a 5k potentiometer for a speed control. There is a choke that goes between the controller and the motor. Make sure you hang onto it. It looks like a transformer. It will work without it, but will have arcing and hum issues.

Be sure and use a linear pot..not audio

Back