Trying to identify an Enco KM20 mill/drill

Island Time

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can anybody help me to identify a mill/drill I just acquired? It is tagged as an Enco KM20, but the internet seems to have never heard about such a thing. Enco model numbers seem to have a different form so I'm wondering if the importer used their own model number.

-Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0917.jpeg
    IMG_0917.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 37
Looks like a limited production model with the variable speed feature- most all the round column machines have several fixed speeds
They probably only made it for one or two years-somewhat rare- nice find
How many horsepower is the motor? If it's 1 or more you might want to configure it for 230 volts- the lower supply current would help
get as much life as possible out of that pushbutton switch
(First thing to die running it on 115)
-Mark

Last edited:
Looks like a limited production model with the variable speed feature- most all the round column machines have several fixed speeds
They probably only made it for one or two years-somewhat rare- nice find
How many horsepower is the motor? If it's 1 or more you might want to configure it for 230 volts- the lower supply current would help
get as much life as possible out of that pushbutton switch
(First thing to die running it on 115)
-Mark
It's 1hp and already set up as 220.

Can anybody help me to identify a mill/drill I just acquired? It is tagged as an Enco KM20, but the internet seems to have never heard about such a thing. Enco model numbers seem to have a different form so I'm wondering if the importer used their own model number.

-Jim
That is a clone of a Clausing.

I like it, I like it a lot! :)

Back