Tubing bender

Thanks, I'd seen one like it on TV (how it's made, maybe?) but it did not show the business end as well as the link above.

-brino

Well I’ll be dipped, ain’t that cool!

I always wondered how they bent some of the crazy bicycle handle bars and various complicated tubing frames.

Cool machine for sure, , many years a go I used a manual tube bender, that operation on the video would have taken 1/2 hour to set up and a couple of minutes for each bend since each bend would needs it's own manner of holding before the actual bend, that machine in the video does the whole operation in less than 30 seconds, amazing.

Cool machine for sure, , many years a go I used a manual tube bender, that operation on the video would have taken 1/2 hour to set up and a couple of minutes for each bend since each bend would needs it's own manner of holding before the actual bend, that machine in the video does the whole operation in less than 30 seconds, amazing.
Still that’s not bad. I would have loved to see what you used to make those kinds of bends.

Yeah, you could bend up brake like like the tubing on a neon sign to say "Chevy" across your firewall in the engine compartment!

That gimbal totally makes sense when you see it in action. I’d be really interested to see the way the feed mechanism works. That has to be a LOT of force to grab it and to push it through.

Back