Tuckahoe Steam & Gas Association Fall Festival

Hey guys, it was a pleasure meeting young guys who are so passionate about this old machinery! I look forward to seeing what you do with those pieces you bought today. Cone back any time.

Dan
Do you have any plans for the planer with two heads that is outside?

Are you talking about the big old one out behind the shop? There's been some discussion about what we're going to do with it. At least on member wants to restore it but I'm not sure if we will ever get to it. Are you interested in it? I can tell you that when it was delivered it was dropped and it has a cracked casting somewhere but I don't know exactly where. So it's going to take quite a bit of work to restore it. Let me know what your interest is and I will talk to the members.

Are you talking about the big old one out behind the shop? There's been some discussion about what we're going to do with it. At least on member wants to restore it but I'm not sure if we will ever get to it. Are you interested in it? I can tell you that when it was delivered it was dropped and it has a cracked casting somewhere but I don't know exactly where. So it's going to take quite a bit of work to restore it. Let me know what your interest is and I will talk to the members.
yea about what will happen to it like if it will be a static resto or a full out resto to get it running the ways looked like they were scorched and i would love to see that thing running again and I am really interested in it for sure I was drawing how to make a metal planer out of a lathe bed mill table and other salvaged parts.

Great to see some scraping. The show was a bust today due to rain so Paolo gave me my first scraping lesson. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm really not sure what's going to happen with the big planner outside. But if you guys are interested have your dad contact me and we can talk about it. If you really want a planer you may want to just look for a smaller one because it would cost a lot of money to move and fix.

Great to see some scraping. The show was a bust today due to rain so Paolo gave me my first scraping lesson. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm really not sure what's going to happen with the big planner outside. But if you guys are interested have your dad contact me and we can talk about it. If you really want a planer you may want to just look for a smaller one because it would cost a lot of money to move and fix.
moving it is not is not a problem if you have a cdl and rent a forklift but restoring it is a big problem because it is taking keith rucker over a year to restore his planer but little ones are even more expensive than the big ones and any planer is impossible to find at all anymore so im probably going to build one. I found some pictures of the planer but you need to pay to use them so i cant post them :(

Last edited:

If you dont have space for the planer or time and money i will gladly buy it to restore it but you will probably get it fixed up and find a place for it in the shop. but i dont have a shop yet so i cant get it soon if you need it gone

Last edited:
Back