Unimat 3

s1dev

Registered
Registered
I've found a Unimat 3 on craigslist that doesn't have a price. From the pictures included it appears in pretty good shape, what price would be a good buy assuming no tooling? What about with milling attachment? thanks

Depends on the state it's in, I had one myself. In case of "no tooling" , it's very important that you have at least these original EMCO(!hard to find!) parts in the lot:
1: -1 x standard EMCO self centring 3-jaw chuck M14x1mm threaded
2: -1 x drill chuck M14x1mm threaded , preferably the original Roehm
3: -1 x UNIMAT 3 cone support ( with tool holder)
4: -1 x UNIMAT 3 standard tool holder
5: -1 x revolving centre(10,2mm shank)
6: -2 x dead centres(10,2mm shank)
Items 1 to 6 were standard equipment within the UNIMAT 3 bundle
7: -2 x UNIMAT 3 motors, otherwise you'll have to swap the motor constantly when switching from turning to milling
Item 7 is an extra motor within de listed 2

Of the above mentioned parts these are available as aftermarket or copies and less difficult to get:
1 , 2 , 5 .
Maybe post a few lists and/or pictures of the offered machine(s)?

I've found a Unimat 3 on craigslist that doesn't have a price. From the pictures included it appears in pretty good shape, what price would be a good buy assuming no tooling? What about with milling attachment? thanks

Contacted him and he wanted 650 for everything so milling attachment + both lathes(?) I found a g4000 style lathe for $250 but missed it by an hour and it was sold :angry: planning on going to some estate sales and seeing if I can get a good deal like the g4000 for $250

Hi Sidev,
Don't know what quality you will expect. I've used an EMCO UNIMAT 3(Austrian made) for turning 10mm Titanium grade 5 axles and it worked fine, provided you take enough time to finish the job. I'ld like to advise you to take a look at a EMCO Compact 5 ( or the in the US offered by Sears Roebuck Compact 5) if it will meet your standards. These are good lathes and accessories are being offered widely today. (I also had one, turning 3" solid aluminium or gun metal wasn't a problem here.)
Regards,
Max

Contacted him and he wanted 650 for everything so milling attachment + both lathes(?) I found a g4000 style lathe for $250 but missed it by an hour and it was sold :angry: planning on going to some estate sales and seeing if I can get a good deal like the g4000 for $250

Back