Unimat DB 200 motor help

Drutter

Registered
Registered
I have a old cast iron DB200 with the Dutch induction fan motor that I came across and currently restoring. Unfortunately the motor has been apart for many years and all the pieces stored in bags. It looks like all the parts are in a bag but I am unsure of how it all goes back together. Does anyone have a Service manual or a good diagram on how this little motor should be put back together. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

@Drutter : OK Dave. Induction motors work but only one way. There is a spinning rotor part between bearings, a casing with coils, often a fan on the back with safety cover, and if it uses single phase mains AC power, than a capacitor somewhere. Even you don't have a manual, you can probably figure this one out.

So lay out all the bits, and take a picture, or a series of pictures, and post them.
List all the stuff you are sure of. Look close at the coils, which are likely taped, and maybe varnished as well, and look for signs of burns or fire - and take a sniff as well. I know the smell of burned motor, just like transformer, cannot be directly described in words, but if you ever came across it before, it is unmistakable!

If all is well, then I am thinking there is only a limited number of ways it will go together.
I have been wrong about such things before, but rarely.

Sometimes people take apart things just to see how they work but more often it's because they aren't working. A few minutes with a meter would be time well spent before you start putting this one back together.

John

Sometimes people take apart things just to see how they work but more often it's because they aren't working. A few minutes with a meter would be time well spent before you start putting this one back together.

John
Thanks. I did that first just make sure I wasn’t wasting time. All of the windings seem fine. No burn smell. The starting capacitor was bad but it is also 60+ years old. My concern is where to put the small thrust washers inside the motor that it has. There are only 2 but do they go together or 1 on each end. There are no bearings on the ends, old brass/bronze bushings

I would guess one on each end. Put it together and see how it turns by hand.

Just a progress picture of this db200 that I’m restoring thus far. Starting to come together. The hammered finish didn’t come out quite as well as I thought it might but.....21D6ADCF-241A-42EF-B9FC-E66CDFCE2A46.jpeg21D6ADCF-241A-42EF-B9FC-E66CDFCE2A46.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

Looking really good!
-brino

Back