VN Universal High Speed On Ebay

the phrase a pig in a poke comes to mind... The fact this guy is machinery dealer leads me to believe he knows more than he is letting on. Besides he wants away too much for it. It only increases the speed by a third that is a lotta dough for that many rams IMHO. But it begs the question if I put an inverter duty motor on my 12 and bumped the cycles from 60 to 80 I would I damage the gearbox? I suspect I would not. But is there a limit to the rpms that the box can take?

He might be a machinery dealer, but he's probably not an expert on the older, obsolete stuff, like our Van Norman's. This guy tried to sell a slotted attachment last year, I think it was for sale for months, and I am pretty sure it did not sell.

Just because something is old, does not make it valuable, and this is where I think our seller is on this. If it would have worked and been complete, I would have bid on it. Right now, it could be worth the $500, or $50 a ton. I am not willing to find out at the current price. I made an offer, and they may or may not accept it later, and at this point I don't care because I am half way through a double in the land of grease and rollers.

Jason

Jason,
I hear ya. lots of sellers vastly over estimate the worth of their goods. even if it was way cheaper I would have to pass for sadly my machine addiction has landed me in a space crunch. my shop is so full that until I get rid of some stuff I have no room for new stuff. Now lets see, which cnc machine should I get rid of...?

Someone has bid on this, so it's going to sell and it's not me.

Jason

Back