• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

Unknown Cross vise

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Old Iron

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I have had this for over 20 years and only used it a few times, I ran across it the other day and figured I needed to clean it up.

The only markings on it is T50 nothing else. I know it couldn't have come from China but mite be from Japan.

It is well made with jibs and numbered dials. So anybody got a hint about who build this thing.

Paul

Vise.JPG Vise 2.JPG T50.JPG

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Could be HF but not necessarily. Casting differs slightly but then again castings & hardware can change over the years too. Is it T50 or 150? I would figure 150 which probably means it's a 6" size so it's most likely an import.

Old Iron

Active User
I figured it was a import just not from China, It is tight with know slop a little back lash but that can be fixed.

I'm going to fixed it up and use it on the drill press.

Paul

OldMachinist

Titanium
Rest In Peace
Probaly not made in China, 20 years ago Harbor Freight tools would have been made in Taiwan or Japan.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
i got mine at a flea market,cheap.
after a lot of cleaning and lapping the dovetails smooth,it functions surprisingly acceptably.
i have used it about .003'' accuracy ,repeatably, unless you lean on the screw too hard, then all bets are off.
have fun with her!
mike:))

KBeitz

Registered
Registered
They are great for making ring cutters for a wood lathe...

Joe in Oz

Active User
Registered
I bought one of those a few years back. It was really poorly finished. So I took to it with scraper and accurate measuring tools, finishing it properly from the bottom up. A great tool in the end.
16012012604.jpg

[6]
[5] [7]