Unnecessary stuff that you can't live without

O .. M .. G! SING ME A SONG about getting a-hold of something "useless" and finding out how useful it is! And even though I do make an effort to get rid of stuff I don't use, my shop keeps getting loaded-er and loaded-er. Then a short time after I've dis-acquired something, I suddenly come up with a use for it. Ya just can't win ... but it's a halava fun game.

About the Leatherman... I looked at them for years, but always thought there really wasn't any reason to carry that many tools everywhere...

In 1998, I began planning to build my house... we were planning to do most of the work ourselves. I decided it may be nice to have a multi-tool on hand, so I bought a Leatherman Wave off the Mac Tools truck at work...

I have carried a Wave everywhere I have went since then, unless I was flying somewhere. I have thoroughly worn out 4 of them, and I'm currently working on wearing out #5...

Can't function without it...

-Bear

And then as John said in post #11 about getting rid of "useless" tools we segway into getting rid of "useless" stuff which then poses the question of "is it hoarding, or is it saving valuable stuff for future projects?" -- no wonder I can't clean up my shop space! :faint:
-Mark

About the Leatherman...

Can't function without it...

-Bear

The Wave is the best multitool ever. If you ever work on vehicles for a living, the value of whipping out a pliers or cross-tip when your tool box is on the other end of the line is priceless, time after time after time! I think I can rebuild an entire HMMWV with my Wave.

Yes I agree I never had a lathe, a mill, a sawzall, or a portable bandsaw before I came here, lucky for me I have plenty multitools, but a Pallet jack mmmmm! got me thinking!

Yes I agree I never had a lathe, a mill, a sawzall, or a portable bandsaw before I came here, lucky for me I have plenty multitools, but a Pallet jack mmmmm! got me thinking!

I bought a used pallet jack on an auction for $80. Same as the one 682bear posted. I think I had one job for it. Wouldn't be without it now. Even made a wood scrap box (I do woodworking too) that I can move around the shop with the pallet jack.

Back