(Used) Grizzly G0709 14x40 Ownership Thread

I am so not worthy of the tools I have.... Here, had to share...

I have used the 5C chuck only three times since installing it... so yesterday while using it, I noticed some run out... and I thought, well that is strange... this chuck has the runout adjustments... ha! I never adjusted the chuck!! All four set screws were loose... :face slap:

Fixed now... Apologies for the noise in the video... could not find a way to eliminate the background noise... EDIT: Decided to put some background music instead...

So much to learn and remember...

Last edited:
Removing the rust with this was a breeze... the stubborn sections required using a scotch-brite pad... but all came out... A good coat of way oil and ready to be used...

IMG_8051.jpeg

WD40 also works well to clean up rust.
Most of the time, that is what I use... The rust on this chuck was stubborn... The amount of effort that I needed to remove it once I put a little bit of this spray, was just amazing... It is acid after all... need to remind myself to use gloves next time.

Need some suggestions... I have been putting off this task because of the mess it can make... This is the coolant system as it came from the previous owner. So obviously I need to empty this carp, clean everything... But I need to push something up the pump and hose to flush out the stuff in there...

It all works... I tested it...

IMG_8052.jpeg

Two questions:

1. What should I pump up the system to flush it well ???

2. Is there a coolant that does not degrade that I can flush with? Then leave it there if I ever want to use it?? Or best to clean everything, flush with whatever you guys recommend, and leave empty?

I am not looking forward to this task...

Last edited:
wear full PPE, hazmat suit with external air supply, flush with bleach and then burn the waste with white phosphorus. That should do it.

all joking aside, take that outside wearing gloves and disinfect it with something prejudicial to microbial life (10% bleach is very effective). Avoid aerosolising it - pour the bleach in and leave it for a day or two before rinsing or scrubbing. You can get some really unpleasant skin infections from the stuff that grows in old coolant, and that particular example looks like it's about to start discussing the merits of Shakespeare.

Back