Useless Box by Ulma Doctor

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
My Dad is the hardest person to buy Christmas presents for.
He has everything he needs or wants it seems, until now....

[video=youtube_share;iWmio15UTOk]http://youtu.be/iWmio15UTOk[/video]

i guarantee you that he doesn't have one of these!

i made the purchase through Ebay.
i was impressed in how quickly the package came and how easy it was to construct.
the funny thing was that there were no instructions.
just a pile of poly-carbonate, screws, nuts, a right angle motor, control switch, battery holder, a screwdriver and a stamped out wrench for tightening the switch retention nut.
it took a second of planning, but went together pretty easily.

This aught to keep the old man busy for a while.
The box is kinda like telling a guy to sit down in the corner of a round room! :jester:

Haha, those are great. My lil brother got my youngest brother that for last Christmas. After we assembled it we got a kick out of mom not understanding why something like that would even exist. :lmao:

I have a local mentor who is a retired electrical engineer who is gonna love this!

Daryl
MN

What a cool toy and attention getter. Totally useless, but a lot of fun! :))

Remember the black box that had a hand that would come out and turn the switch off?

They are a lot of fun. My engineer daughter gave me one a couple of years ago when I was still working. My staff of engineers would stop by the desk just to push the switch and go away chuckling.
Merry Christmas!

Remember the black box that had a hand that would come out and turn the switch off?

I had not seen that one George,
but i do remember a coin bank that had a disappearing hand that would appear to snatch the coin and pull it into the bank.
i had one as a kid and wrecked it trying to find out how it worked ,
It's funny that i still do the same thing, but with machinery ,some 35 years later.
i'm a lot better at puttin' em back together now!!
or at least i can fix my own mistakes anyway:jester:

Thats funny Ulma. I too have torn apart alot of toys apart to see how they worked. When I got a NOGA I was very curious to find out how it worked. it was such a joy to use I wouldnt tear into it. Then one day I loosened the locking knob too much and it came apart on me. And EUREKA! thats how they did it. Thank goodness I didnt lose any parts. Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
Back