Vacation...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Started out on Feb 1st headed to my sons place in Denver. Made it to Idaho Springs where the transmission in the Explorer decided to die. Called AAA for a wrecker which they said would be three hours that turned into seven hours, and calling another service. The wife, me, and the dog rode in the truck with the driver (very cozy) to my sons house. Was around 2am by the time we got the car into the garage. Spent three days in Denver and bought a 2016 explorer with 98k on the clock in VG condition. Will go back with the trailer and pick up the other car after we get home in a month or so. All in all we weathered crises in good spirits, and are now down on the gulf coast in Texas for two days in Port Aransas, and then on to a two week stay in Port Isabelle. Kinda missing the shop already, but I was ready for a break, and the warm weather is nice. Cheers, Mike

Started out on Feb 1st headed to my sons place in Denver. Made it to Idaho Springs where the transmission in the Explorer decided to die. Called AAA for a wrecker which they said would be three hours that turned into seven hours, and calling another service. The wife, me, and the dog rode in the truck with the driver (very cozy) to my sons house. Was around 2am by the time we got the car into the garage. Spent three days in Denver and bought a 2016 explorer with 98k on the clock in VG condition. Will go back with the trailer and pick up the other car after we get home in a month or so. All in all we weathered crises in good spirits, and are now down on the gulf coast in Texas for two days in Port Aransas, and then on to a two week stay in Port Isabelle. Kinda missing the shop already, but I was ready for a break, and the warm weather is nice. Cheers, Mike
You could ease on down the Corpus Christi and see the Lexington, less that an hour from you.... :)

I’m headed home tomorrow night from 3 weeks in the southern hemisphere. Enjoy your time away:)

John

Mike,
I'm glad you can roll with it and enjoy it some, despite the unexpected.
It must feel good not have to move any snow for a little while.
Getting mad at the situation doesn't help anyway and only makes people more anxious and angry.
Be safe and have fun!
Brian

Thanks for the suggestion. May get up there after our stay in Port Isabelle. No set plans after that, so we will see. Having served in the Navy it would be something of a walk down memory lane. Mike
Thank you for your service.

Back