Van Norman milling machine model 3R-10

sounds good. that should be a nice mill. mine was badly worn and I re-scraped it, that was a serious project with all the alignment aspects of the ram, etc.

I won’t know where to start with a project like that but I was very lucky to run across this with all the arbors and supports that came with it !!! Hell the arbors and supports are probably worth way more then what I paid for the mill . I just can’t get over that there is not much info on them on the internet because these things are built and very ridged it’s such a step up from my little J head Bridgeport

I won’t know where to start with a project like that but I was very lucky to run across this with all the arbors and supports that came with it !!! Hell the arbors and supports are probably worth way more then what I paid for the mill . I just can’t get over that there is not much info on them on the internet because these things are built and very ridged it’s such a step up from my little J head Bridgeport
Yeah that 3R10 should be a great machine. Except when you need a quill to drill a hole. Keep the Bport for that!

Yeah that 3R10 should be a great machine. Except when you need a quill to drill a hole. Keep the Bport for that!
Yes I will keep it for a while but my neighbor really wants it because he wants to start to get into doing all this and I also found a Bridgeport series 2 with chrome ways and in really really good shape so there may come a time when I sell the one I have but will replace it with another one !!! I’m one of them guys that is just a sucker for a good deal but that’s how I have all the stuff that I do because when I good deal comes around you have to be ready to jump cause I’m not the only one keeping a eye out for machinery!!!!

Back