Vertex Rotary Table

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Finally got compensated for the welding I did a while back fo the company I'm laid off from, I settled for a Vertex Rotary table with a 3 jaw chuck. I had an option on a larger unit with a table but it did not have a worm gear drive to spin it so I chose this one, don't know what it's worth or if it was a good deal or not but it's at least settled up.

DSC00550.JPG DSC00551.JPG DSC00552.JPG DSC00553.JPG DSC00555.JPG

I used an identical unit for years. It's no Yuasa, but it is a good indexer. You'll get some good use out of it, provided it is not clapped out.

Just haven't caught on to this damn machinist slang yet

Looks like it may be missing a pin that locates an internal indexing plate, I need to find a manual I guess

The chuck looks to be a tru set type :thumbzup:

Yep, there is a lever with gear teeth cut on the shank that draws said pin out of engagement with the index plate. Pretty much all that type of indexer/susperspace/etc (whatever people are inclined to call them) has one, and they are all about the same. There is also a dog point screw that retains it while allowing it to rotate, probably gone as well. Runs perpendicular to the bore that the locking control lever/gear fits into.

Charley,

The first thing you have to do is completely disassemble the unit in the dark and drop half of the parts/pieces and fasteners on the floor. This will allow you an excuse to secure more tooling and/or equipment in order to make said replacement parts!

Remember the HOBBY MACHINIST'S MOTTO; once you begin to make money with this activity it will no longer be a hobby and will eventually become a mundane job!

My cardboard sign reads - WILL MACHINE FOR FUN! (because the rest of me, body and mind, is "clapped out"!)

After a little poking around I have discovered that the only thing missing is the handle with the gear cut on the end of the shaft so looks like it may be a fully functional piece if I can find/make one.

I'm gonna make a table for it, actually I just had a great idea this very moment:nuts::think1::thinking::holdphone: Drum roll please .....................................
Think I'll take the round table off my/a drill press and just clamp it in the chuck when I need it:thumbsup:

Back