Very small lathe

lordbeezer

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Would just about bet no one has a smaller lathe. Picked this up when I was hot and heavy into racing slot cars. Tires had to be very true to run fast enough to win races. Has a variable volt and amp power source

Attachments

• B376C041-0868-4069-AF0E-3A2797B8D901.jpeg
    B376C041-0868-4069-AF0E-3A2797B8D901.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 58
Would just about bet no one has a smaller lathe. Picked this up when I was hot and heavy into racing slot cars. Tires had to be very true to run fast enough to win races. Has a variable volt and amp power source
I’ve got a tire sizer upstairs next to my new track:

IMG_6387.jpeg

(still under construction)

mines not as nice as your’s though. I mostly 3d printed and wired it myself.

That’s a very nice track. HO scale? All my stuff is 1/32 or 1/24th. Used to have local 8 lane tracks but nearest one now is 80-90 miles.
I’m a little hesitant to say “HO”. Everytime I mention it on (other) web forums some a-hole feels the need to scream they’re not. Seems every hobby has its malcontents and people looking for arguemets for arguments sake.

I’ll just say they’re “tyco sized” and leave it at that.

;)

I’ve got some 60’s stuff, mostly pancakes and brass. Those are primarily for my scale 1/4 track I’m building:

IMG_3187.jpeg

IMG_3188.jpeg

some more of my cars:

IMG_3189.jpeg

two top shelves are slots, diecast stuff below. Its a mish-mash of some rare stuff and some more common stuff.

My slots have been languishing for a while now, too many other projects to be done that have priority…

Last edited:
Wow. That’s crazy. You know old saying some people are stupid. Can fix fat,skinny,bald,hairy, ugly,sick, no teeth,too many teeth but can’t fix stupid.

Wow. That’s crazy. You know old saying some people are stupid. Can fix fat,skinny,bald,hairy, ugly,sick, no teeth,too many teeth but can’t fix stupid.
I think its a combination of old farts who are just old and cranky and want to “B” about something they have knowledge on and young farts who are just so full of testosterone they want to b and fight about anything that they feel they have half a clue on.

Of course, when you’re really old or really young we all know you know everything about everything and anyone who says otherwise is wrong….lol!

Back