Vevor Lathe User Manual needed

lesrhorer

Registered
Registered
I bought a Vevor 200 x 750 Lathe, and overall I am satisfied, given the fairly low cost. They sent the wrong model lathe, with a smaller motor and no steady or follow rest, but the vendor has made up for those deficits. What they and Vevor customer service have not done is get me a reasonable user manual. First of all, neither the hard copy nor the digital copy is for the lathe I have, although both are similar. Neither one, however, is useably legible or complete. The lathe I have is an MX-750A. The paper manual is for the MX-750, which is significantly different, and omits a great deal of important information. The electronic copy is for a YS-2275A, which is even more different, although once again somewhat similar. Does anyone have a legible soft copy of a comprehensive manual for a Vevor 8" x 29" lathe?

1627949972944.jpeg

No, not really. I was able to piece together most of the information, though. Thanks for asking.

After a few months, how are you liking the lathe? Size for price I've got to say I'm getting pretty interested in this machine.

Well, I don't hate it, but it definitely has its issues. I changed to a much more powerful, higher speed, 3 phase motor and changed to a 1:1 gear ratio, resulting in both much higher maximum speed and overall greater torque, added a DRO, upgraded the hand wheels, and several other enhancements. You can see the upgrades here.

Hello,

Did you ever find the Manuals for the Vevor mx-750A lathe?
Getting information out of Vevor is impossible.

Is this thread/group still functional?
have fun
martin

Hello,

Did you ever find the Manuals for the Vevor mx-750A lathe?
Getting information out of Vevor is impossible.

Is this thread/group still functional?
have fun
martin
Hello and welcome Martin,

Yes, we're still here and very active. Hopefully the OP will get back with you, did you need a manual for this machine?

Most of these small cheap machine come out of the same factory so a manual from something similar will probably work, what kind of questions do you have?

John

No, I did not. I managed to figure out pretty much everything I needed, however.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the MX-750 and the MX-750A, but I just received a MX-750 via Amazon, and it seems to have a new manual, which may be of use to the MX-750 users.

Since I'm a new HM member, I'm not allowed to post any web addresses. I tried to attach it to this posting but it's too large (38 MB) to upload. Anyone can message me if they want it, and I can email it to them.

Oh, and the manual doesn't refer to it as the MX-750. It shows the lathe with MX-750 in the pictures, but it calls it an MX-220*750 which is odd. No "Vevor" name on the manual, and it has a parts list, exploded diagrams, but the parts-list has an mistake and doesn't cover all the parts. Still, this newer manual does have some things that the other manual on the Vevor website doesn't show.

- Thomas
(new member, without ability to post any new web links.)

Back