vfd Hitachi elb and magnetic connector ?

Sweet I'm so freeking excited got power to main through conduit to fuse now onto vfd mounting bracket then vfd hook up and mill power :) you guys are awesome thanks a bunch

Sweet I'm so freeking excited got power to main through conduit to fuse now onto vfd mounting bracket then vfd hook up and mill power :) you guys are awesome thanks a bunch

My pleasure

IT'S ALIVE HAHAHA!!! Now on to figuring out reverse function and will be set. Thanks again for all the help.

IT'S ALIVE HAHAHA!!! Now on to figuring out reverse function and will be set. Thanks again for all the help.

What kind of control panel are you thinking of using? On my Mill, I set it up in "Three wire" mode with a seperate start,stop and Fwd/Rev Switch
attachment.php

The other method is a "Two wire" setup where the motor runs in forward or reverse depending on which terminal is high. if both terminals on the drive are low, the motor is stopped. This method works well if you want to reuse the existing drum switch. Another very cool feature to get working is "DC braking". I believe there is a thread on that here: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php?t=20066

Good luck getting the mill back up :)

I have the nes1 cover for my vfd so I planned on just using that as it has a pot and readout. If I could figure out how to run in reverse from that it would probably be fine for a while.
Unfortunately I can't do electronic breaking the vfd won't accept a breaking resistor.

I have the nes1 cover for my vfd so I planned on just using that as it has a pot and readout. If I could figure out how to run in reverse from that it would probably be fine for a while.
Unfortunately I can't do electronic breaking the vfd won't accept a breaking resistor.

If you can provide the model number of the VFD, I'll take a look at the drawings and see if I can translate it for you

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]NES1-022SB[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]'[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]here are some pics of the setup I made for it. no pics of it with the cover on yet just haven't taken any[/FONT]

20140423_175938.jpg 20140423_200400.jpg 20140423_233309.jpg 20140423_233315.jpg

I looked at the manual http://www.hitachiacdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/NE-S1-manual-NT341BX-.pdf

Looks like the easiest way to get For/Rev is to wire like shown at the bottom of page 14, using a 3 position switch, ON-OFF-ON equating to FOR-OFF-REV. This would be a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch with center OFF Connect terminal L to the center terminal on the switch, 1 switch terminal to VFD terminal 1, the other switch terminal to VFD terminal 2.

Another and safer way to do this is to use a 2 position switch, ON-ON (SPDT), and another switch, ON-OFF, as the run switch.

Connect VFD terminal L to 1 terminal on the ON-OFF switch, connect the other ON-OFF switch terminal to the center terminal of the 2 position switch, 1 switch terminal to VFD terminal 1, the other switch terminal to VFD terminal 2.

The ON-OFF switch should be an e-stop type button, pull to turn ON, push to turn OFF.

I guess we are not allowed to post links to vendors anymore, so I can't provide links to switch types that I would recommend. But you could send an email or PM to me and I'll be happy to provide more information.

Back