VFD Keypad Question

I was finally able to find a vendor who not only advertised they had the Delta keypad, but also actually had it in stock. The price was a little higher than previous vendors were asking at $35.00, but it still seemed reasonable.

Now that I have it, I have another question. The original keypad still works even though the potentiometer knob is missing. It's located remotely from the VFD in the operator control panel. The VFD has a slot to house it should you not want to use the remote option. I'm wondering if I can use the existing slot in the VFD as a storage place for the new keypad. I'm afraid that if I don't keep it with the machine, it will get lost. There is room in the electrical cabinet to store the pad in the original box, but I don't want to possibly interfere with the ability of the fan built in to keep the components cool. I also don't know if installing the pad in the VFD will have any effect on the current program or the ability of the remote pad to control the program. Any help would be appreciated.

Back