VFD stopping

MKJS , I book marked a post of your dealing with jog problems with the WJ200. If I am understanding it right, a big maybe, both the Run Fwd or Run Reverse have to be pushed at the same time as the Jog. Would it be possible to use a double bock switch for the Reverse Jog or Forward Jog buttons ?

The forward and reverse activate inputs 1 and 2. The jog input 3 only sets the frequency but not the run direction, so if you want to jog forward you need to activates inputs 1 and 3 at the same time. You either need two separate switch or diodes and using the P24 terminal for activation (source inputs) so that when the jog button is released, both input 1 and input 3 are disconnected. You need to prevent input 3 from being activated during the normal run forward or reverse. This is unique to the Hitachi VFD's other brands do it differently.

Attachments

• 1340GT Two way Joystick Jog using For and Rev contactors for Hitachi WJ200.pdf
    296.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the help. I've got it powered up, so I can use the lathe. I'll get these bushings done, then I will worry about programing. And see if my wiring works.

Back