Vintage SB Spindle Oil Can

G-ManBart

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I brought home another SB Heavy 10 today...it was too good a deal to pass up! The serial number looks like 1959 or 1960. When I was unloading the shelves, all the way in the back, I found a can of SB Lathe Spindle Oil Light. It felt pretty full, so I removed the cap...still sealed! I can only guess this came with the lathe when it was delivered and it's been in the back of the cabinet for 63 years or so!

I just got a kick out of it and thought I'd share. Does anybody collect stuff like this?IMG_5508.JPGIMG_5509.JPG

Does anybody collect stuff like this?
Regardless of what you have, someone somewhere will collect it!

That’s a pretty cool find, and even better that it’s still sealed. You see a lot of stuff like that with vintage sewing machines — tubes of lubricant or tins of oil that never got opened — but I’ve never seen it for big machine like a lathe before though. Nice bit of shelf art for the shop…

Does anybody collect stuff like this?

You would be surprised what people collect!

That said, I am guilty of collecting things of this nature myself. Would certainly make for an interesting conversation piece and certainly is a historical industrial aretfact.

Would love something like that, but never get that lucky to find a sealed can like that!

Back