Vintage Travel Trailer Project

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Ok, this isn't so much a discussion as just throwing it out there in case any of you are interested, moderators please feel free to delete if it's not allowed here.

This is another hobby of mine which takes up too much room, time and money....
I bought this trailer to take my wife camping in the desert but it wasn't really the right one so we bought another one that's stored out there now.

argosy.jpg

I'm looking to sell it and figured someone on here might be interested.
Its a 1978 Airstream Argosy that pretty much needs a complete rebuild, a worthy project but things have changed in my life so need to part with it.

Craigslist posting is here:

Price is negotiable or willing to trade for an enclosed trailer to move my mom from Michigan to California, it tows great and I can deliver within reason.

Thanks,

John

Not Interested in buying but am interested in knowing if the paint was an aftermarket application or did it come from factory like that?

Oh, come on. I'll even deliver it to you ;)

Yes the paint was factory as were the panorama windows which didn't appear on regular Airstreams until much later. The Argosy line served three purposes as far as I can tell.

1. It was a lower cost unit for customers on a tight budget.

2. It allowed the factory to experiment with new designs and technology before they used it in their flagship products.

3. It used up panels which were cosmetically damaged by being able to fill and paint them.

Cheers,

John

Ok you got me. I’m not interested even if it will. I like staying at home. Although I once knew a guy whose dream it was to set up a mobile machine shop and earn a living repairing large clocks (like town square clocks). If you don’t get any takers, maybe you could market it that way.

Back