VN Vn #12-5000 Rebuild Is Complete

I think the comment was a reply to my comment on the time and money I spent on the machine.

The machine was in such good shape I decided I wanted to go through it and get it painted. It took much longer than I thought it would.

I did not scrape it, I spoke with a much more experienced individual, and his recommendation was not to scrape it based off his observations.

Jason

Good job - I know you will enjoy it

Then great call on not scraping her.
No sense in messing with something that isn't broken!

Daryl
MN

Jason,

Looks great!

Is that, by chance, an American Steel Span metal arch building in the first few photos? I spent about 7 months putting one of those up once.

Cal

Yes, it is. 30x60. Never again.

Took about 6 weeks with a lot of help.

Jason

Jason,

Looks great!

Is that, by chance, an American Steel Span metal arch building in the first few photos? I spent about 7 months putting one of those up once.

Cal

I also assembled one about 20 years ago, I had lots of help and it took me about 5 or 6 weekends.

Silverbullet, I'm not sure if your recent post is a reply to mine.
Regardless, I am not in any way suggesting that the OP didn't do it "right".
Depending on the tolerances desired, scraping her in may not have been needed.

Daryl
MN
If you read the above post the man said he had spent tons of time and money . Doin it that's where my reply is too , not to anything you may ave said. And I stand behind what I said it shouldn't offend anyone , we all do waste time and we all know it. To be able to show a beautiful restore like that deserves praise I my self have the know how but am phiscally unable to so it means something to me to see the tools I've used restored . Yes I'm old enough to have worked on old flat belt machines and appreicate them. They made our country not like now we sell our country out. By not buying American when we can. Yes I shop at Walmart because I have too so I'm to blame too.

Showing off restoration projects is a GREAT help to others. Please, please folks, continue to post your efforts, with photos if you have...
It serves as a guide for the rest of us.

Thanks.​

Back