VN #12 Stuck table

Cal,

No table removal was necessary, the screw freed up when I got the spanner on 12-353.

There were no stuck parts on the handwheel assembly, I just figured that something SHOULD go on the shaft section between the two threaded sections since there's a cut out for a Woodruff key, but nothing out past the dial assembly has a bore large enough to go past the first threaded section (save for 11-279 that threads onto the outermost thread)

I guessing that the keyway is used with the change gears, used to drive a universal dividing head.

Can you post a photo of that parts that you do have?

I guessing that the keyway is used with the change gears, used to drive a universal dividing head.

Can you post a photo of that parts that you do have?

Cal,

Sorry for not following up, it's been a busy little while and I haven't really been back to the forums here. I'll see about getting some photos of the left-hand side pieces between other work in the shop.

I managed to get the table un-stuck, and then the feed driveshaft wasn't spinning with the feed motor running, so I figured I had sheared one of the pins on the universale joint by the feed gear box. Took me a bit to get to that and once I got the feed box pulled about an in ch and a half away from the main casting, everything looked OK, so I spun the gears by hand and lo and behold everything was fine. I still can't explain what was going on there, but it's reassembled and seems to be functioning without any issues.

I'm still having one little issue, but I'm going to put it in a separate post since it's a separate thing.

Thanks again for the help Cal!

Back