Wanted: South Bend Lathe 10L (Heavy 10) Spindle Bull Gear

silverhawk

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hey folks;

I'm looking for a SB heavy 10 lathe spindle bull gear. If anyone knows where to find one, I'd like to know it.

silverhawk

I just brought home a heavy 10 . Haven't made up my mind to part it out or restore yet . Maybe tomorrow if I get time . I'll stay tuned .

Hey Hawk . I will be parting out the heavy 10 . :)

Cool . I could spend a fortune trying to restore the 10 but the bed is junk . They polished rollers on the thing for years and destroyed the bed . Ive got too many projects running now and don't have the time for others ! :rolleyes:

Are a heavy 10 and heavy 9 bed the same..I have a heavy 9 bed.will heavy 10 parts fit? Thanks

Are a heavy 10 and heavy 9 bed the same..I have a heavy 9 bed.will heavy 10 parts fit? Thanks

They are not. That was one of my first attempts. It was close, and the headstock drops onto my wide 9 bed, but it is very tight. I was lucky enough to find a bed, which is waiting for the trip from so cal to Utah.

Incidentally, I managed to track down a bull gear. I am definitely missing parts at this point, so we shall see what comes available with the above parted out lathe.

Back