Waterjet Companies

devils4ever

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi all,

I'm looking at my next project and I'm thinking of using a waterjet service to get my main part quickly to dimension. It's 3/4" mild steel with dimensions of about 6" X 5". I looked at sendcutsend.com, but they don't do 3/4" stock. They suggested waterjet instead of laser.

So, can anyone recommend a waterjet company that is inexpensive?

Thanks!

Check around your area for custom tile installers. Customers/designers will come up for some custom inlaid tile work they want, and there are shops that cut the tile via water jet. Often they are willing to side jobs. I used a local service to cut 1/8" stainless flanges for a fuel tank. Best of all, all they need is a hand sketch, no DXF files for simple stuff.

Follow up.

I used OSH Cut and I'm very pleased with the results. The steel pieces look really precise. I chose the slowest option (cheapest) which was over a week to start fabricating, but they completed the job in a day or two and shipped it immediately.

I wish they were a little less pricy, but I can't complain about the quality. Doing it this way has saved my many hours of milling and machining.

IMG_6143.jpg

Hmmmmm...................................steady rest possibly ?

Yes. :D

I made it so it can handle 2.5" (63.5 mm) round stock.

I was going to purchase a 2" one from Little Machine Shop, but it is backordered and only handles 2" stock. Plus, if the quality is similar to my 1" steady rest, it will be a little rough.

If you go to the website, it says they only do laser not water jet?
Robert

Yes, I think you are correct. It is laser, but they could handle 3/4" stock. Other places I looked at couldn't do 3/4" stock with laser and suggested waterjet.

Reactions: rwm
Back