We Need Your Prayers

Great forum policy. I hope We (Me included) never forget Who runs things.

Amen brother... :)

Well, it's been three weeks to the day (yesterday) since my girlfriend's surgery and it was also the day to go in for the biopsy results. She will have to have surgery again, as there are multiple sites around where the tumor was that show cancer cells. She will have to wait until the first surgery heals, maybe by the end of July before they will operate again.

I'm afraid that she was braver than I upon coming out of the office, but she broke down later on....

but we will go dancing tonight, the first time in nearly a month and a half... :)

Brian :)

Well, Trish is going for surgery sooner than expected... She goes in on Monday morning. We have always enjoyed each other's company, but certainly cherish every moment as it comes. My contract has been on hold because of an electrical permit issue, which has worked just fine for us. We've been to the beach numerous times this week and have had a real nice time... :)

Based on the first surgery, next week will be a struggle...

I ask you all to pray for her recovery.....

Brian

Brian you have my prayers for a very speedy recovery. And please stay strong my friend.

May it be a quick easy surgery, and an even quicker recovery with great results. Keep a strong positive attitude for both of you.
Prayers and best of wishes.

_Dan

Brian, I haven't seen this thread before now, and for that I'm sorry, it's hard to see why we go through the things we go through, but God knows the reasons, Romans 8:28 doesn't say all things are good, but that all things work together for good to those that love God & are called according to His purpose. Yall hang in there & know that He Loves you, I'm blessed by your post's & everyone elses. God is Good! Keep loving & encouraging her, Love truly does change everything! I'll be praying for His will in the trying time for you guys.

In Christ, Dwayne

Hello all :)

Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. It turned out that her surgery was cancelled at the last minute, due to the surgeon having a family emergency. She ended up having the surgery a week ago Friday. The day following the surgery was a rough one for her, emotionally and pain wise, as he had to remove a lot more tissue this time.

This cancer turns out to be a very rare type... less than 1% of all cancers and is not treatable by chemo, radiation, nor hormonal therapy. The only option is surgery. It is very aggressive and often returns to the scar tissue and can spread to the lungs, spine and liver. It is called a Phyloides tumor.

We will have to wait again for the biopsy results, maybe in a couple of weeks. She is a strong woman and is doing much better and in fact, we went hunting for beach glass yesterday. It's nice just meandering along and finding some really cool pieces, like blue glass, a bottle stopper and a marble, amongst piles of other pieces of glass. Of couse, all of my finds end up in her bag.... ;)

In my neck of the woods, we are very fortunate to have so many wild beaches where we can be the only people for miles.

God bless you... :)

Brian

Back