Weiss Direct Drive Mill Info?

StudioMachinist

Registered
Registered
Narrowing choices on a new mill and just recently found out about Weiss (always assumed all Asian imports were Siegs). Anyways, while browsing their site I found this.

The drilling/milling capacities seem amazing for a machine without some gear/belt reduction at 1100w. Fascinated by this and would love more information, especially an exploded parts diagram.

Is anyone familiar with other examples like this?

Narrowing choices on a new mill and just recently found out about Weiss (always assumed all Asian imports were Siegs). Anyways, while browsing their site I found this.

The drilling/milling capacities seem amazing for a machine without some gear/belt reduction at 1100w. Fascinated by this and would love more information, especially an exploded parts diagram.

Is anyone familiar with other examples like this?
it's just a rebranded Sieg I am sure. It's a small, machine. I have not used it, and I think the reduction is a good addition.. it allows more torque and lower speed. I don't think the 1100w will allow the torque you get with a belt or gear reduction.

We'll see what others think.

I can't speak to that mill specifically but last summer I bought a VM32 mill direct from Weiss. I'm very happy with it and the purchase experience was flawless.

ok, I didn't understand any of that, did you?
That motor was beefier than I thought it would be on that small lathe. But it has to be for a direct drive.

Back