Welcome to my brand new USA Weld - HTP America Affiliate sub-forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
As of today August 10, 2022 I have signed up to be an affiliate with USA Weld - HTP America. I have openly promoted their great welding machines in the past, but now I am signed up as an affiliate. I am not employed by them; I am strictly an affiliate who now has an affiliate link & discount code to share with everyone as I continue to promote their awesome welding machines that really punch above their weight class.

That being said, my commercial account here permits this sub-forum to exist, and I will be posting up my in-depth reviews on most of these machines, as well as tidbits of knowledge that may not be posted in the owner's manual.

Discounts:
  • For now, I'd like to share my affiliate link to the USA Weld - HTP America website. Navigating through this link track sales referred by me . Unfortunately the discount code structure has changed with the new ownership of HTP, but I'm working on getting something set up soon!

Even though I'm a hobbyist, I hope to provide valuable insight as much as possible within my realm of knowledge.

A little about me and how I got here to this point:

I attended Illinois Institute of Technology, but ultimately graduated from Texas A&M International University with a Major in Mathematics & Minor in Physics. It was really supposed to be the other way around, but the Major in Physics was not available at my A&M. During my college years I fell in love with modifying cars with go-fast parts. That lead me to welding since I wanted parts that did not exist, and I did not want to wait on others. I bought a cheap Campbell-Hausfeld stick welder that I did not enjoy, and ultimately got a Harbor Freight 165A TIG by internet order. That soon led to an upgrade to an Eastwood TIG 200 AC/DC (that I ended up using to complete my long-tube headers for my naturally aspirated 4.6 SOHC 2V race engine), and that led to an upgrade to an HTP Invertig 221 Dual-Voltage water-cooled TIG setup in 2013. Truly a world-class welding machine that was better than I was! Not wanting to TIG weld everything, I ended up buying a Millermatic 211 Inverter MIG welder in 2015. Served me well until I let out the magic smoke in early 2018. Had it fixed under warranty, and I sold it as I was not happy with the protection scheme it offered. That summer I took delivery of the HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG that was just released. Got it right on 4th of July, and after that, the rest is history! The effortless performance of these machines and the friendliness of the HTP staff always captivated me and I enjoy telling others how great the machines are. I could have started this venture a long time ago, but I really didn't have time for it, and frankly I didn't need it, and still don't need it; I do perfectly fine without it all. It's all about having fun and helping others for me. :)

Here is a picture of my very first major welding project. A modified set of Mac headers for my '97 Mercury Cougar V8. I made 2 sets, one for me, and the other got sold and are currently being used in a Thunderbird.

uc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back