Welcome to new H-M Commercial member P&B Grinding!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.
We have been reconditioning Bridgeport and grinder tables, saddles, and knees along with lathe beds for machine rebuilders for many years.
You will find our quality is top notch at literally a fraction of what you will pay elsewhere. We are a 4 man shop with very low overhead, so we see no need to overcharge.
In recent years the rebuild market has dropped off due to the "throw away" foreign machine market, so we've been seeing more from the hobby guys like yourself. Give us a call for a quick quote if you have need at 330-527-0366.

1602496645068.png

For us hobby guys the cost is a big issue. Many of us are trying to find bargains since we are not generating income from our equipment. Can you give us any idea of some basic costs? I am sure that each job is different so that may not be a easy question. As an example, what would it cost to regrind a small hobby lathe bed, say a Southbend 9? Would it be as accurate as new?
Thanks
Robert

We generally charge a starting price of $400 for a small Lathe bed (48 to 52", not including the saddle or tail stock)) the cost will only go up due to unusual wear (Over .015),

Bridgeport tables start at $400 also. we can only grind the thickness on the saddles, and the knee we grind the saddle side only, not the column side. The cost for Table, knee and saddle is around $1000, again depending on how badly worn they are.

The results are true within .0005, the rebuilders we do grinding for love the fact that the grinding eliminates or greatly reduces the need for scraping, They simply flake the requires surfaces put it together and run it.

Give me a call to discuss in more detail.

We generally charge a starting price of $400 for a small Lathe bed (48 to 52", not including the saddle or tail stock)) the cost will only go up due to unusual wear (Over .015),

Bridgeport tables start at $400 also. we can only grind the thickness on the saddles, and the knee we grind the saddle side only, not the column side. The cost for Table, knee and saddle is around $1000, again depending on how badly worn they are.

The results are true within .0005, the rebuilders we do grinding for love the fact that the grinding eliminates or greatly reduces the need for scraping, They simply flake the requires surfaces put it together and run it.

Give me a call to discuss in more detail.

This is great news. I live about a half-hour from Garrettsville :D

Welcome to the Forum! I suspect you'll blend in very nicely around here. Glad to have you on board.

Regards,
Terry

Hi Bill,
it is nice seeing you on the forum! I would love to have the top of my Bridgeport 42" table ground to clear up scratches that bug me (really not a functional issue). My machine doesn't need overhauling as it seems excellent to me. The question I have is skimming the top of the table capable of changing table stresses in a way that could degrade the machines accuracy?

Hi Bill,
it is nice seeing you on the forum! I would love to have the top of my Bridgeport 42" table ground to clear up scratches that bug me (really not a functional issue). My machine doesn't need overhauling as it seems excellent to me. The question I have is skimming the top of the table capable of changing table stresses in a way that could degrade the machines accuracy?

Hi Rick,

That all depends on how much we material have to remove to clean up the scratches. If we only take .010 or less I don't think it should move as the cast material if very stable. If we receive the table completely stripped down, your only looking at about $120 to do the work.

Back