Well, fitted my 4 jaw for first time, wished i had a smaller one, i will not be braking to a stop on this one

There just might be a day when you need the size. I picked up a 12" 4 jaw for my 13: lathe, for a steal. Used it once in 3 years now, but definitely glad I had it.

How are you lifting yours? I drilled and tapped a hole on the side of mine (Actually did two across from each other, to help keep what little balance there is), that I can screw a eye bolt in for the chain. Just need to build a hoist.
it has a tapping but i just slung it through the bore, yes, I'll probably not use the 3 jaw again, the 4 is held to the spindle with 4 socket head 14mm screws, i do big hunks hardwood far out round , just use hss on it from my screw cutting tools

yes, but where to buy, i looked for one online
Hi Stewart, try secondhand machinery suppliers, some tooling supply shops carry secondhand stuff sometimes. Give General tools in adelaide a call, I know they have s/hand stuff there from full machines to spares (limited).
I sent you a personal message by the way.
cheers Alby

Hi Stuart, I'm not very familiar with tool and machine suppliers in Brisbane, not far from you, but also check with local machine shops especially ones that might be winding down, sometimes there are bargains to be had. even check with the maintenance guys at the power stations and oil refineries.

Hi Stuart, I'm not very familiar with tool and machine suppliers in Brisbane, not far from you, but also check with local machine shops especially ones that might be winding down, sometimes there are bargains to be had. even check with the maintenance guys at the power stations and oil refineries.
ok Bob,

Shootymac is right.
CME has a really nice selection of chucks and mounting backing plates. I had a lot of trouble finding L-00 backing plates. CME has a great selection at fair prices. And they are quality backing plates. They machine nicely when fitting to your chucks.

there is no industry up here Bob, there no urgency.
i should do other things like finish this, when i have will come see youView attachment 318949

That looks like golden oldie, they were built better in those days. in the late 70's I bought a second hand Franklin, 20Ft tandem, Took the kids everywhere in it we loved it. But eventually they grew up and weren't interested any more so I sold it.

My partner and I recently bought a new 20Ft Jayco Out Back. We were planning a trip up the east coast, this winter, as far as Townsville and come back down the middle.to adelaide. On this trip we would call in and see any members that wish to see us. However this rotten Flu bug has put these plans on hold at least for the time being. I am using the time now to fit a 120 AHr. Lithium battery to it with a 2000W inverter, should make life a bit easier.

Back