Wellsaw 600 7x13 horizontal band saw.

You made me get out of my chair and go out to the shop :grin: I have an 8M, about 10x12 I think.

1583172169137.png

The cylinder lashup, has a rod end on top, and a pivot mount on the bottom. All of the original hardware is intact, including the spring.
1583172516485.png

The flow control. A flow control has a built in check valve that allows free flow in one direction and an adjustable needle valve to control the flow in the other direction. Where a needle valve has no built in check valve, thus controls the flow in both directions. Having said that, a bypass valve would be a big help and I have been going to add one.....Maybe.....Someday. :)
1583172268718.png

As far as I know this is the original guard. Don't think it would meet OSHA requirements today.
1583172321281.png

The original switch. This is activated by a rod that passes through the frame and connects to the lever in the next picture. You can start/stop the saw from either side. Just a toggle switch on the operator side would work fine, don't really need any fancy controls.

1583172370676.png

The start/stop lever. The blade guard just comes down and presses the lever down to stop. When the piece is cut through, the saw has about another 1/4 inch of travel to the stop lever.
1583172393471.png

You made me get out of my chair and go out to the shop :grin:

Jim,

Thank you for all the pictures! It is very helpful to see how other machines are configured. Sorry I made you move from your easy chair ;)

There's a Wellsaw 613 for sale locally, $1400, seems ridiculous. They're like $6000 new though.

I would say it all depends on the condition. I feel like I got a very good deal at the time and doubt I would find one for that price again these days. $1400 would make me cringe a bit too, it might be worth seeing if there is any bargaining room on the saw. I am very pleased with mine!

I have the same saw and seeing that thought maybe my bed looked like that under the grime but see you did that yourself. Looks nice! What tool did you have in the drill press?

1651660639053.jpeg

I have the same saw and seeing that thought maybe my bed looked like that under the grime but see you did that yourself. Looks nice! What tool did you have in the drill press?

View attachment 405995

I think he is showing the tool he used in the picture. I am only familiar with "jeweling" when it comes to firearms. This might help explain the process and tools a bit better: https://www.google.com/search?q=jew...i57j0i390l3.4025j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I believe the disk mounted in his drill press is just and abrasive disc. The grit of the abrasive will determine the depth of the jeweling.

Maybe Tyler will come along and explain his process a bit better than I can. :)

@MikeInOr How did that 3/4" blade work out for you?

The 3/4" blade is working out perfectly for me on my Wellsaw! I am very pleased with it.

Lenox Classic Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades
Length​
Width x ThicknessT.P.I.
8' 2 1/2"​
¾" x .035"​
10/14 TPI​
classic-2
1​
$42.51​

Bandsawbladesdirect.com is where I purchased this one. At this price I am VERY careful at setting the blade down on the stock to be cut very gentily and the blade has held up very well.

Last edited:
Back